1-2 bulbs of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. large-grain kosher salt
1. Slice the garlic cloves as thin as possible.
2. Heat oil over medium in a frying pan.
3. Add the garlic and spread it out so it’s in a single layer.
4. Saute for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly brown and crispy.
5. Remove the chips to folded paper towels. Allow to drain and dry slightly. 6. Sprinkle with salt (optional) and serve.
These are great diet snacks: Without salt, they can be an ideal, crunchy replacement for croutons that can add flavor to salad without extra calories or carbs. The trick with garlic is not to burn the chips—err on the side of caution, removing them from the pan and letting the chips dry on a paper towel rather than burning them.