Cinco de Mayo Meat Muffins
Who doesn’t love adorable and perfectly portioned meat muffins?
1) lb Ground Beef (I stock up on Trader Joe’s Organic 85% lean, grass fed, no antibiotics when on sale)
2) ½ Small onion, chopped, optional
3) ¼ cup chopped tri-color peppers, optional
4) 6 eggs
5)½ C heavy cream
6)3 TB Taco Seasoning – see recipe or use a package Taco seasoning
7)1 cup shredded Cheddar/Jack cheese
8)2 TB Cilantro
- Prepare muffin tins with olive oil and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brown ground beef until cooked, about 8 minutes. Add chopped onion and peppers and cook 3 more minutes to soften veggies.
- Add 3 TB Taco Seasoning to mixture. Add ½ cup water, simmer 3 minutes to reduce liquid. Stir thoroughly to infuse flavors.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, cream.
- Place meat mixture into prepared muffin tin, filling about 2/3 of muffin cup. Cover each with egg mixture to just below rim. Add cheese to cover top. Makes about 6-8 muffins.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes until set and puffed to perfection. Serve with side salad or avocado.
Think inside the box and say hello to healthy