I tend to triple this crockpot recipe and freeze extra shredded chicken for easy dinners over the next weeks... like chicken salad or chicken lettuce wraps.
For Shredded Chicken:
1) 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
2) 3 TB Taco Seasoning – see recipe below or McCormicks Perrfect Pinch Mexican Seasoning
3) 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
For Taco Seasoning:
1) 1 TB chili powder
2) 1 ½ tsp cumin
3) ¼ tsp garlic powder
4) ¼ tsp onion powder
5) ¼ tsp oregano
6) ½ tsp paprika
7) 1 tsp sea salt
8) 1 tsp black pepper
9) ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1) 4 cups low carb veggies: chopped tomato, cucumbers, green onions, avocado,
2) Unlimited leafy greens and herbs: Romain, kale, cilantro
3) 1 TB toppings: shredded cheddar, sour cream, black olives
4) Olive Oil (about 2-3 TB), 1 Lime, salt & pepper to taste
Place chicken in crock-pot on low for 8 hours. Add 1 cup chicken stock and Taco seasoning.
When cooked, shred chicken with two forks. Can be make ahead or freeze extra for later.
Assemble your Chicken Taco Superbowl with clean fresh Romaine lettuce, kale or other leafy greens and 4 cups vegetables. Drizzle with Olive oil and 1/2 lime juice. Salt & Pepper to taste. Add 4 oz shredded chicken. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, black olives, cilantro.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now